How to use a CA certs keystore
Extra certificates from a CA certs keystore can be considered when
forming trust paths and attempting to match root certificates.
This is relevant when importing trusted certifcates and CA
replies. To use a CA certs keystore:
- From the Tools menu, choose Options.
- The Options dialog will be displayed. Select the
CA Certs Keystore tab.
- Tick the Use CA Certs Keystore check box.
- The default CA Certs Keystore is the cacerts file
bundled with Java. To change to another keystore:
- Press the Browse button.
- The Choose CA Certs Keystore dialog will appear.
- Select the folder where the keystore file is located.
- Type the filename into the File Name text box.
- Click on the Choose button.
- Press the OK button to save your settings and dismiss
the Options dialog.
- The use of the CA certs keystore is now enabled. The first
time that you attempt to import a trusted certificate or CA
Reply in a Portecle session you will be prompted for the
CA certs keystore password. The default password for cacerts
file bundled with Java is