How to change a keystore's type
To change a keystore's type:
- From the Tools menu, choose the Change Keystore
- From this menu you can choose between supported keystore types (see
How to create a new keystore for
information about keystore types).
- Choose the menu item corresponding to the required type.
Note that the current type will be disabled.
- The keystore type will now be changed.
- If the current keystore type is not PKCS #12, any of the
keystore's entries are of type Key Pair and you have yet to
supply the password for the entry then the Key Pair Entry
Password dialog will be displayed for each of the key pair
entries. Enter the key pair entry's password and acknowledge the
dialog by pressing OK.
- If the current keystore type is PKCS #12 then any key pair
entries will have their password set to 'password'.
- Keystore entries of type Key will be lost in the
change if the action is confirmed.
- When converting from a keystore type that supports case sensitive
entry aliases to one that does not, an option to abort the action
is offered if a potential problem is detected.